Friday, January 27, 2012

Dark 'N' Stormy: The Cocktail



  In honor of my new rabbit friends, aptly named Dark & Stormy after my hellacious voyage to retrieve them, I am posting the recipe for Dark 'N' Stormy, the beverage. I admittedly have never had this cocktail. I have heard the name, but never knew what was in it.
  A quick Google later, I learned that D&S's are most popular in places like Bermuda, Australia, and sailing communities of the east coast. It is also the national beverage of Bermuda. The recipe is as follows:


Dark 'N' Stormy


Ingredients

2 oz. dark rum (Gosling's Black Seal is usually recommended)
3 oz. high quality ginger beer/ale
lime wedge for garnish

Combine rum and ginger beer in a highball glass filled with ice cubes and stir.
Garnish with lime.



Sounds ridiculously good doesn't it? I need to go hang out in Bermuda.

No comments:

Post a Comment